Thursday, March 04, 2021

Pain

 



Indescribable,

my lifeless heart’s agony

buried deep in pain

 

Unspeakable wrath

of your sharp-edged tongue

stabbed me to death.

 

Hatred overwhelmed

your jealous narcissistic

self and scattered plumes.

 

My soul’s rain of tears

drowned myself. I have lost you.

I only have me.


    

Written for: Poets and Storytellers United

Writers' Pantry #59: Love and Loss


Living a Smile


talk less and smile more

it will make your mind at work

heal you from the hurts


to die is easy

but you have to live harder

make time for yourself


talk less and smile more

from within, it's a call to

live beautifully

Written for: Poets and Storytellers United

Weekly Scribblings #59: Talk less. Smile more.


6 comments:

  1. If a relationship doesn't work out it is best to make a break as a lesson has been learned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day, Jeannette, this is very telling, this kind of pain can get a person terribly down, you described it so well. " . . . your sharp-edged tongue stabbed me to death . . ." Fortunately this is a kind of death from which revival is possible. Welcome back here, please write more often. Do you have posts at other places?
    BTW, my sister's middle name is Jeannette, a pretty name.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are far better off having just yourself than any narcissistic other! (Btw you posted this link in Weekly Scribblings #59, not in the Pantry – but as you included the note of where you meant to post it, I didn't stay confused for too long.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reflects deep pain ... not the title of your blog, precious notes and mundane thoughts. Hoping the dark veil of pain lifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A narcissist can rip through someone's life and claim it all for their own. Parting might be painful, but it's the only way to take one's life back.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...